|Ph.D., University at Albany, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, (Political Science), 2002|
M.A., CSUN, 1996
CSUN, B.A., 1994
BiographyHenrik Minassians, Ph.D., has been a Lecturer for the Political Science Department at American Jewish University since 2006 and he teaches classes on the law and public policy. Dr. Minassians is also an Associate Professor of Urban Studies and Planning and the Associate Director to Community Outreach at California State University, Northridge, where he teaches courses on urban policy and governance. He has been working with various public, non-profit and community groups for the past 10 years. More recently, he has been working on a large collaborative research project with the Los Angeles Police Department and community groups on abatement of human trafficking in Los Angeles by application of various urban planning, urban management and community relations strategies. Before coming to California, Dr. Minassians worked as a senior research associate for the higher education program at the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government in New York.
Recent publications include:
- "Network Governance and Performance Measures: Understanding Hybridized Complexity and Collaborative Challenges in Design of Performance Measures in a Large Municipal Context," International Journal of Public Administration, 2015 (forthcoming).
- "Performance Measures and Its Pitfalls: An Exploratory Study," California Journal of Politics and Policy, Jan. 2014.
- "California State University, Northridge: Innovative Curriculum Design for Midcareer Professionals," Continuing Higher Education Review, Vol. 76, 2012.
- "Public-Public Partnerships: Challenges, Opportunities and Pitfalls" The Evolllution, August 2015. Forthcoming
- "Competing Priorities: Efficacy of Assessment of Teaching and Learning in Continuous Changing World of Colleges and Universities" The Evolllution, August 5th 2014. http://www.evolllution.com/opinions/competing-priorities-efficacy-teaching-learning-assessment-ever-changing-higher-education-space/
- "Carrots or a Stick? Performance Budgeting for Colleges and Universities" The Evolllution, April 2014. http://www.evolllution.com/media_resources/carrots-stick-performance-budgeting-colleges-universities/
- "Elusive Forces of Accountability in Higher Education" The Evolllution, April 2014. http://www.evolllution.com/opinions/elusive-forces-accountability-higher-education/
- "Lessons from the Music Industry: Addressing Quality Rather than Focusing on Access and Cost" The Evolllution, October 2013. http://www.evolllution.com/author/henrik-minassians/
- "Engaging Local Stakeholders through Targeted Programming" The Evolllution, September 2013. http://www.evolllution.com/2013/09/03/